Monday, 10 November 2008

Set Phasers To Stun - It's rehearsal time

So my meet with the band last week went very well. They were really nice guys, and seemed to share my passion for music (sounds obvious given they have a successful band, but I get the impression a lot of bands coming out these days care more for the image and status their music provides them with rather than the music itself). The next stage of the audition process is going to happen on Thursday evening, and comes in the form of a three hour practice session with the full band.

I am unsure what it is going to be like: when I met Scott and Jamie last week they said they hoped to have a few guitarists there depending on how the other interviews went. I'm not sure whether I would actually prefer that or not, as while I would love it if there were no other candidates at present, three hours is a long time to be in the spotlight. Still, I have great confidence in my ability and if I don't get into the band in the end, it's not going to be down to a lack of musical skill. I'm just goi
ng to go in there and give my best.



This week I made a purchase; a Marshall JCM900 extension cabinet. I seriously cannot believe the difference a speaker change has made to my sound. The low end rumbles along, and the sparkly clean tone I can get out of it is beautiful. I am looking forward
to playing live with this, and it will sound even better once I purchase a Marshall head to power it rather than my Behringer 2x12.

Right now I have to go and make myself some food before I go to work. I am hoping that in 12 to 18 months I will be able to call music my full time job and I will never have to waste away in a part time job I hate again... That is my ultimate goal; to make music not only my passion but my livelihood. And I'm getting there, one baby step at a time.

No comments: