Ok so I've started my first ever real blog... weird. A little bit about me to kick off I think...
I began playing the electric guitar in December 2001, on my 15th birthday. I immediately fell in love with playing music and writing my own soon followed. The first band I was in were called Forged and although we only ever played one gig, it was definitely an experience which stayed with me and a feeling I will never forget. After many years of practice but no gigging due to a complete lack of a singer, Forged disbanded in 2005 as the members all went their separate ways to follow careers in such far flung places as Bristol and Japan.
After this I was a bit disheartened with music and knuckled down to a few years of hard work for a well known British retail company. During this time I met some amazing people and got to experience some brilliant things which I would never have done otherwise. This spring I went through a really bad experience with a member of the opposite sex who will remain unnamed, and I found some comfort in my guitar playing again. This inspired me to pick up music again and to pursue it as a career, and after a few months of hedonism and debauchery in Magalluf I was ready to start travelling the long road towards my dream of being a pro musician.
This blog will detail every step of my journey, the good, the bad and the most definitely ugly side of trying to get a job within the music industry. I would literally sleep with a rhinoceros to fulfil my dream of playing in a signed band, horns and all.
It's going to be an interesting ride, strap in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment